This is our 1kg bag of citric acid and it is part of our natural cleaning range.
Citric acid is a natural plant-based acid in the form of a powder. It is naturally found in lemons and lime and it's a fantastic natural limescale remover. Not only does it remove limescale, but it will prevent the build-up of limescale (as long as you use it regularly).
We love Citric acid because it's a fantastic natural cleaning product and it's very easy to use if you want to remove limescale from your kettle or around your shower heads.
Because citric acid is a powder, you can easily use it to remove limescale deposits from washing-machines pipes or steam irons. Plus, it can be used to get rid of mould and/ or remover rust (do not use on enamel, aluminium or marble).
Our 1kg bag of citric acid comes in a kraft paper bag. It's plastic-free and completely recyclable. This eco-friendly alternative will take you a long way. You only need to use a little bit at a time.
- Keep it stored in a dry container and it will last years.
- How to descale a kettle: dilute 1 or 2 tablespoons of citric acid in 1L of water. Fill the kettle and boil briefly. Leave for 30 min and then rinse thoroughly.
- Descale washing machine: pour 6 to 8 tablespoons of citric acid directly into the drum. Run a wash at 90 degrees celsius. (without clothes of course!).
If you are looking for more recipes, check our natural cleaning booklet!
- Fully biodegradable.
- Packaged in kraft paper.
- Made of raw materials (molasses).
Warning: Use with caution.
- Causes serious eye irritation.
- Wear protective gloves & eye protection.
- Could be toxic is ingested in very large quantities.
- Keep away from children reach.