This a box of 15 ceramic pearls to filter limescale from your tap water.
EM Ceramic beads are made of clay and enriched with micro-organisms ( lactic acid bacteria, photosynthetic bacteria and yeasts). Each bead is cooked at 1200°C. When in contact with water, the beads will improve the quality of the water by reducing harmful elements such as chlorine and limescale. They will also improve the taste of tap water.
These ceramic beads are not made in France. We discovered their existence via one of our French suppliers. We tested them and decided that their sustainable qualities out-weight their country of manufacture.
- Durability & efficiency of ceramic pearls: 10 years.
- 100% natural.
- 100% biodegradable.
- Multipurpose: you can use them with your kettle, leave them in a jug of water, use them with your washing machine, your toilet cistern and much more (please see below).
Water filtering ceramic beads are the best zero waste approach we know of. You wont need a filtering jug, just the pearls. Plus, each box is also made of recycled paper and plastic-free.
Before using them the first time: soak the beads for 10 mins in boiling water and then let them dry naturally. Repeat this action once a month or every time you start feeling that they are being less effective.
How to use them:
- Jug of water: 15 beads. The first time, leave the pearls in the jug for at least 30 minutes before serving water. Thereafter, always ensure that the pearls are kept wet.
- Sports water bottle: 15 beads.
- Kettle: 25 beads. It will reduce the amount of limescale and improve the taste of the water. Always ensure there is water above the beads.
- Washing machine: 50 beads (in a cotton pouch or a sock closed with a knot). Pearls will reduce the limescale and improve the effectiveness of your laundry liquid.
- Fruit bowl or veg compartment in the fridge: 12 beads. The beads will absorb odours and increase the lifespan of your fruits and veggies.
- Flower vase: they will preserve your flowers for longer.
- Shoe cupboard: a handful of ceramic beads will absorb odours.
- Toilet cistern: a handful will reduce limescale.