Who is La French Maison?
My name is Jessica, I am French and I have lived in the United Kingdom for almost 13 years. I love living in the UK, but France (and French food) is always in the back of my mind. I grew up in the French countryside, in the south of France, in a small village called Villemur -sur-Tarn. On Sundays, we would go to the local market to buy everything we would need for the week ahead. It was a simple life, closer to nature.
I created La French Maison because I wanted to recreate this artisan lifestyle atmosphere.
La French Maison: a place to buy real artisan products.
We only work with French artisans because they make the best products. Whether it's honey, cosmetics or pâtés, the quality of each and every single one of their products is always excellent. They pick the best ingredients and work with local farmers and/or local chefs. Some of our French artisans like Marius Fabre use traditional recipes that are more than a hundred years old.
Working with artisans means that all our products are seasonal. It also means that some products are very limited in quantity. Our honeys for example, are in limited supply. Once the beekeeper has sold his stock, we have to wait until the next season.
La French Maison: a place to become more sustainable.
When one loves artisans, one loves Nature too.
Sustainability is at the core of everything we do. That’s why we promote an eco-friendly lifestyle and stock a range of artisan products that will help you reduce your wastes. More and more people are keen to use natural cleaning products and plastic-free alternatives, but they don’t necessarily know where to go.
Our range of natural cleaning products is made in France, except for some products that are manufactured in Europe (soda crystals, percarbonate of soda & bicarbonate of soda). The rest of our eco-friendly cleaning collection is 100% handmade by French artisans.
La French Maison: labels and certification.
Find below a list of all our artisans and their certifications.
- Marius Fabre: Ecocert Greenlife.
- Naturayl: Cosmebio Organic.
- La Droguerie Ecologique: Ecocert Greenlife.
- Le Moly: Ecocert Cosmos Organic, Peta vegan & cruelty free.
- Mon jardin chocolaté: AB Agriculture Biologique
- Coupable Tartinable: Producteur artisan de Qualité from Collège Culinaire.
- Greenma: AB Agriculture Biologique
- Comme Avant: Cosmos Organic, Ecocert Greenlife, Vegan by The Vegan Trademark
- Chic des plantes: AB Agriculture Biologique
- Les abeilles de Malescot: Ecocert, Ab Agriculture Biologique.