Olive soap flakes laundry liquid
With one bag of Marseille olive soap flakes, you will make 25 bottles of 1L of laundry liquid! That's 60p a bottle!
Buy soap flakes here.
Download recipe here.
30 gr of soap flakes
1 L of water
1 tablespoon of soda crystals. (if you live in a hard water area)
5 drops of tea tree essential oil (do not use if pregnant)
First, check online how hard the water is in your area. This will help you determine whether or not you need to add water softeners such as soda crystals to your mix.
- Find an empty 1.2L bottle (ideally recycled). It is bigger than what you need but it will allow you to shake the liquid before each use.
- Mix 30 gr of flakes with 500ml of boiling water. Stir until the flakes have completely dissolve.
- If your water is really hard, add a tablespoon of soda crystal.
- Pour everything in your container and leave it for 24 hrs.
- The next morning, shake the bottle a little bit (it might be a bit solid, this is normal, just shake it) and add 500ml of cold water to it.
- Stir the whole thing, DONE!
- You can add a few drops of Tea Tree essential oil, but it is not compulsory. Do not if you are pregnant or if you have a toddler.
Shake your laundry liquid before each use, and add a small mustard glass of laundry liquid (about 120ml) directly into the drum before each wash.
Add your softener as you would normally.
- For WHITES laundry: 1-2 tbsp of percarbonate of soda added directly into the washing drum. It works wonders and will kepp your whites super white.
- For COLOURS: 2-3 tbsp of bicarbonates of soda in the washing powder draw. It is not compulsory. I don't always do it.
- For DELICATE fabric: like silk or wool, simply rub your Marseille soap cube against the wet stain, put in your washing machine as you would normally do, then add your laundry liquid.