Homemade laundry liquid
Buy soap flakes here.
Download recipe here.
First, check online how hard the water in your area is. This will help you determine whether or not you need to add water softeners such as soda crystals to your mix.
- Find a 1L container.
- Boil 750 ml of water.
- Add 33 gr. of flakes and mix until the soap is completely dissolved. If required, add 4-9 drops of essential oil of your choice, but it is not necessary. (Don't use essential oils if you are pregnant).
- If your water is really hard, add a tablespoon of soda crystal into the mix.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: place the preparation in a recycled container with a capacity of 1 litre so that you can mix it before use. (soap flakes tend to congeal sometimes). Let it cool down. If the liquid has turned solid, simply shake it :) or you can add a little of water to dilute it a bit more. Then pour just about a mustard glassful (120ml) of laundry liquid directly into the drum. Et Voilà!
- You can add a few drops of Tea Tree essential oil if you want, but it is not compulsory. Do not add essential oil if you are pregnant or if you have a toddler.
If in doubt, check La French Maison Youtube channel for a tutorial! :)
- For WHITES laundry: 1-2 tbsp of percarbonate of soda added directly into the washing drum. It works wonders.
- For COLOURS: 2-3 tbsp of bicarbonates of soda in the washing powder draw.
- For DELICATE fabric: like silk or wool, simply rub your Marseille soap cube against the wet stain, put in your washing machine as you would normally do, then add your laundry liquid.